"Sono un mostro invisibile, e sono incapace di amare. Non si sa cosa sia peggio."
- Chuck Palahniuk: “Invisible Monsters” (via unproductive-thinking)
"People aren’t either wicked or noble. They’re like chef’s salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict."
- The Grim Grotto, Lemony Snicket (via fyeahliteraryquotes)
"The clock of doom had struck as fated;
the poet, without a sound,
let fall his pistol on the ground."
- Eugene Onegin, Aleksandr Pushkin (via fyeahliteraryquotes)
"I cannot make you understand. I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I cannot even explain it to myself."
- The Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka (via fyeahliteraryquotes)
"The pretty lies, the ugly truth"
"I’m not happy, I’m cheerful. There’s a difference. A happy woman has no cares at all. A cheerful woman has cares but has learned how to deal with them."
- Beverly Sills (via quotatiousquotations)
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills (via theydontwantustoescape)